Socialhi5 is a digital marketing and advertising agency. They consult with enterprises and leverage insights about the enterprise’s customers and their purchasing behavior from online traffic. These insights help SocialHi5’s clients in creating and evaluating targeted marketing campaigns to boost sales.
SocialHi5 predominantly services retail clients, with a mix of online (e-commerce) and brick & mortar stores. SocialHi5 runs digital marketing campaigns for these clients and fine tunes the campaigns to match their campaign expectations.
The campaign outcome reports that were used for understanding the end customer online behavior was cumbersome and hence SocialHi5 was looking for cost-effective and user-friendly BI dashboards to fasten the decision-making process.
Using these reports SocialHi5 analysts could swiftly and effectively analyze the customer behavior and put together a plan of action to improve the campaign performance, thereby providing better value for the client’s money.
Agilisium suggested SocialHi5 to embrace Amazon QuickSight for its simplicity, down-to-earth features and low cost.
Agilisium approached the solution in two distinct parts:
Devising Hypothesis & Validation:
- Determining the hypothesis that best answers the specific business needs of SocialHi5’s clients
- Consolidating required datasets
- Identifying data analysis required to validate the hypothesis.
The actual setup:
- Create and setup serverless reporting platform on QuickSight and the relevant dashboards.
SocialHi5’s requirement for a user-friendly BI dashboard was achieved via
- Secure access: User access and authorization governed through Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Ease of importing data: A simple web page to view, upload or delete files from S3 (web page deployed on EC2), as directly integrating with the existing CRM was ruled out.
- Variety of visualizations: 3 dashboards and 30+ visuals comprising narratives, charts, table content and URL actions enabled custom visualizations for easy consumption.
- Unified Interface: Users can access dashboards directly from QuickSight console
- Easier tuning of campaign to meet client requirement.
- SocialHi5’s clients experienced higher transparency for their ROI on marketing spend
- Enhanced reporting facility with Integrated Insights
QuickSight’s NLP based Auto-Narratives feature greatly helped executives in mining deeper value from the reports and in consuming them faster.