How a F500 Pharmaceutical Commercial Team achieved Data Democratization and reduced Drug Commercialization Cost by 30%
• To migrate their on-premises system to AWS and to rearchitect a commercial data lake and a data warehouse with end-to-end process automation.
• To integrate data across the organization, improve data management, and ensure the availability and democratization of diverse data sets for stakeholders.
• Rigid data silos (CRM, database, and flat files) resulted in lack of view of product movement and sales progression
• Existing architecture was not conducive for near-real time Advanced Analytics
• Lack of Managed services delivery model and governance process for scope management
• A Cloud One strategy to progressively transition to a globally accessible and scalable Big Data Analytics platform was devised.
• To rearchitect a commercial data lake, Amgen leveraged the capabilities of Amazon S3 as the single source of truth and constructed a data warehouse with Amazon Redshift.
• A Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Analytics Data Warehouse in AWS Redshift that supports downstream BI & Advanced Analytics, at scale
• Faster processing of data with no connectivity issue for business users
• Reduced redundant pipelines to improve performance
• Stabilized the job scheduling using Airflow
• Implemented File Quality & Data Quality to reduce cost automated validation of data