Helping RSAC, a Fortune 500 manufacturing company take the Data to Insight leap
Manage and process your big data workflows with Airflow and Amazon EMR
of time potentially reduction
of Infrastructure deployment process reduced ETL
of processing reduced
Quick report generation
Scaled and reduced latency of ADHOC ETL processing requests
Reliance Steel and Aluminum Company (RSAC) is North America’s largest metals service center company, offering 100,000+ products and value-added processing and serving over 125,000 customers primarily by providing metals processing, inventory management services, and quick delivery.
- Reliance Steel and Aluminum Company (RSAC), a Fortune 500 metal services provider in North America holds 60 companies under its umbrella. Each of these businesses operated independently of each other with their own unique processes and on-premise technology setup. All data was siloed, and the company had no way of analyzing it to derive insights. This lack of insight to make data driven decisions impacted multiple aspects of their business – from supply chain and sales optimizations to vendor and inventory management. The business needed to be more responsive and become a data driven company.
- Agilisium was hand-picked by AWS for our competency in helping organizations take the Data-to-Insight leap. As consultants, we provided a multi part solution that would onboard RSAC’s disparate on-premise data sources and systems into a Consolidated Enterprise Data Warehouse (CEDW). With this move up the information maturity curve, RSAC could then enable and accelerate strategic data initiatives, product development, and R&D.
Enabling arobust technical foundation on cloud using DevOps
- IaaS was split into 4 broad categories like microservices. The setup aspects were automated via CloudFormation Templates with an emphasis on fail safe environment.
- Cost effective open source tools were used to automate the CI/CD pipeline, drastically cutting time to market.
AUTOSCALE OUT ENVIRONMENT
- Architecture incorporated AWS Autoscaling for EC2 instances and CloudWatch to ensure a reliable and scalable environment whatever the load.
- All Cloud Formation templates configured into an Ansible playbook for ease of use for end user.
AWS – S3