Built A Unified Tableau Dashboard Migrated From DOMO
Learn how we Re-engineered & Migrated DOMO dashboards to Tableau in Snowflake, reducing 80% of Compute Time & 45% of TCO
Compute Time saved by using incremental refresh time.
Improvement in visualization load times
of Project delivery time saved by detailed pre-assessment
Data Redundancy removed
Increased database query speed
Our client is one of the best-known media entertainment companies in the world. It operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television station group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
- To Build a Unified Business Intelligence Dashboard that fits the need of the one of the largest media houses in the world
- The primary challenge was to Migrate 220 + DOMO dashboards to Tableau, which involves huge On-Prem data to Tableau Cloud.
- Helped customers create & move 550+ Diversified Datasets to a single source Snowflake database system.
- To enable a holistic Data Visualization experience performance across DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) Business Units.
- To reduce DOMO Licence Cost and help customer to simplify the reporting modules.
- Migrated huge data from DOMO dashboards, created tables and portable datasets to snowflake by reviewing SQL logic and converting DOMO tables.
- By using incremental refresh and using tables instead of custom SQL, we saved around 80% on compute time.
- Software Utilization has been reduced by removing the ETL(Magic ETL) process involved in DOMO, as the transformations are converted into SQL and directly loaded into tables/views.
- Redesigned table architecture in snowflake tables to avoid using custom SQL, APIS, S3, and other data sources.
- Implemented data security techniques like data masking to avoid data breaches, and exposing PIA data.
- Overall 2x times increase in support activity as Tableau is user friendly.
- Increased performance by publishing the data sources to the server.
- Our Best practices helped BI reporting performance increase its efficiency by 40%
- Around 90% of calculation logic has been translated into Tableau from DOMO with zero issues.
AWS – S3
- $1 million was saved by rightsizing instance types and reducing computing time.
- 80% compute time saved by using incremental refresh time.
- 220+ Dashboards rebuilt and migrated to Tableau as a Unified BI Solution that fits the need of the different teams across DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) Business Units.
- 550+ Diversified Datasets created & moved to single source Snowflake database in 2 months.
- 60% of Project delivery time saved by detailed pre-assessment and extensive up-to-date resource planning and helped to complete it in just 5 Months.
- Reverse engineering Domo dashboards and recreating them to Tableau helped reduce 50% of the Licence Cost.
- ETL Tool usage has been removed, and reduced the technical expertise.